A member of our writing team flew to Oklahoma City last week to attend her first session of intensive proposal management training hosted by Shipley Associates.
Our Technical Writer, Hope McGowen, attended a four-day training workshop with Shipley Associates last week. The training offered an in-depth analysis on managing and writing federal proposals. Her goal was to perfect her skills so that we can better serve our clients. During the workshop, Hope worked alongside proposal managers from companies across the nation to learn more about:
- Assessing proposals like government evaluators do
- Creating effective proposal strategies
- Preparing for and conducting kickoff meetings
- Developing compliance checklists
- Planning content and layout of federal proposal sections
- Writing proposal outlines to match government instructions
- Incorporating effective graphics and captions
- Preparing for effective reviews
With this training, Hope plans to bring new expertise to our office. We will now be able to more effectively communicate to our clients the ways in which we can meet their needs. Hope will be attending a second week of training next month!